- Markham-Stouffville Hospital
- Mackenzie Health
- North York General Hospital
- Centre for Addiction and Mental Health (CAMH)
- Canadian Mental Health Association Quick Guide
General Resources and Social Services
- 211 Community Connection publishes the annual Blue Book guide to community, social, health and government services website
- Telehealth 1-866-797-0007
- Kids Help Phone 1-800-668-6868. Confidential telephone counselling for children and teenagers, 24 hrs a day, 7 days a week.
- Supporting our Youth (SOY) for Lesbian, gay, bisexual, transsexual and transgender youth
- My house: Rainbow Youth York Region is a support group that provides an opportunity for queer or questioning youth to meet others and share their struggles, success, and stories. 905-770-5858
- Gay York Region connects York Region’s lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgendered residents and resources.
- Gay Women’s Support Group 1-888-780-0724 ext. 118
- York Region LGBT Support Line 1-888-YORKLGBT (888-967-5542)
- Alcohol Rehab Guide in support of their Community Support Team (www.alcoholrehabguide.org)
- How addiction affects the transgender community
Addictions, Drugs and Alcohol
- Addiction Research Foundation Info Line 416-595-6111
- Alcoholics Anonymous 416-487-5591
- Trafalgar Residence 1-855-972-9760
- Drug Rehab
- Renascent (alcohol and drug addiction treatment) 866-232-1212
- Homewood Health in Guelph offers specialized treatment for gambling addiction
- Breakaway Addiction Services in Parkdale-Liberty Village, Toronto is a community service providing a wide range of addiction services based on a harm-reduction philosophy with support programs for youth and family members website
- Women’s Own Detox Crisis Line 416-603-1462
- Narcotics Anonymous 416-236-8956
- Smoker’s Helpline 1-877-513-5333
- Metro Addiction Referral Service (MARS) 416-599-1448
- Effects of Drug Addiction on Oral Health
- Assaulted Women’s Helpline 1-866-863-051
- Toronto Shelters Central Intake 416-397-5637. For anyone who is in need of hostel/shelter services.
- Barbara Schlifer Commemorative Clinic 416-323-9149 website. Providing individual and group counselling for women who are survivors of violence.
- METRAC (Metropolitan Action Committee on Violence Against Women and Children) 416-392-3135 website. Providing counselling/ group work and education workshops.
- DVERS (Domestic Violence Emergency Response System) 416-808-7077. Provides home alarm systems in coordination with police, for individuals who are at high risk of violence by an intimate ex-partner and reside in the City of Toronto.
- John Howard Society of Toronto 416-925-4386 website. They offer counselling services, anger management group work, and treatment programs for men charged with domestic assault.
- Family Service Association of Toronto 416-595-9618 website. They offer counselling, support groups and educational workshops for women who are or have been in situations of partner abuse and group counselling program for men who have engaged in domestic abuse.
- North York Women’s Centre 416-781-0479. Groups for women who have experienced violence, courses, workshops, information and referral.
- Regional Domestic Violence and Sexual Assault 416-495-2800
- Care Centre – Domestic Violence Program at The Scarborough Hospital website. 24-hr nurse for supportive counselling, safety planning, and abuse documentation in cases of domestic violence. Interpreters for various languages are available. Services in ASL, Cantonese, Mandarin, Tamil.
- Women’s College Campus Sunnybrook and Women’s College Health Sciences Centre – Sexual Assault and Domestic Violence Care Centre 416-323-6040 website. 24-hour program for women and men; medical assessment and treatment; psychological and social support; cultural interpreters available.
- William Osler Health Centre 416-494-2120 website. Services include a crisis intervention unit that responds to patients in psychiatric and psychosocial crisis, as well as a mental health day treatment program.